Sunday 22 October 2017

How to pick the perfect lipstick





I was never a lipstick person until a few years ago as you wouldn't have seen me out with any kind of lipstick (i only ever used chap stick) i just thought that no colour suited my skin tone, but that all changed when i decided that ill just go for it and buy a neutral colour. 

The next day i decided to wear it and I'm so glad i did as i got so many compliments that day (it was so good.!) even my partner thought i looked good! (that's a bonus especially coming from him.) so from that day forward i have loved wearing lipstick.

I have done a bit of research and have put together this list to help you pick out which lipstick suits your skin tone, so next time your standing in the makeup aisle it wont take you twice as long to choose the perfect colour.


Lipstick comes in different formula's that can really impact your look. Also the condition of your lips can play a major roll on how your lipstick applies.


Matte

Very on trend at the moment, and can look bold and beautiful. If you have dry, flaky lips the colour will go into all the cracks and lines on your lips, and that's not a very nice look. Matte lipsticks are also known to be very drying on the lips. 



Gloss 

The perfect choice for dry lips, will help your dry lips feel soft and even more plumper and will be so much more comfortable on the lips.




Long Lasting 

This kind of lipstick will stay on for hours and will survive all day, even eating and drinking. The perfect lipstick if you hate re applying all day long. 




Shimmer 

These lipsticks have a glittery finish and light-reflecting properties, more suitable for a night out with the girlfriends. 



Tip

Whenever applying any kind of lipsticks, exfoliate your lips so that your lipsticks will glide on so easily and you'll look fabulous. 



What is your skin tone?

Fair skin

Fair skin looks the best with red, red with pink undertones, magenta and blue-toned pinks. Fair skin often has a hard time wearing a nude lip. NOTE: colours tend to look brighter on paler skin tones.



Medium/olive skin

Medium to colour skin looks best with true pinks, cranberries, brick red and classic nudes.



Dark skin

Dark skin often is best suited for reds with burgundy or brown, dark beige, orange-toned reds and pinks.



I really hope this information was useful. Please tell me what kind of lipsticks you like in the comments below. 
Hope everyone is having an awesome day.!! :) 











8 comments:

  1. wow! I will choose for my woman. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have medium/olive skin and LOVE reds. Can't escape it. I can't really get into nude colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more of a lipchap kind-of-gal but I can certainly appreciate all of your tips for choosing the right lipstick for the occasion. I also didn't know about exfoliating your lips before applying lipstick. Thanks for this!

    Heather | www.heatherleguilloux.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming from a girl that loves lipstick, this was a great post! I have a deeper skin tone, and I love berry colors and browny nudes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post! I have been looking for some good new lip colors recently but have the hardest time finding ones I like! I hate buying them and wasting money, so, I will definitely take your suggestions! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Great tips! I used to avoid wearing lipsticks because I struggled what would fit my skin tone but this has been really helpful! Thanks for sharing!
    Tisha x

    ReplyDelete